We’re proud to announce that, as part of our final cycle of 2011 competitive granting, we will award $44,962 to 13 local organizations.
Grants will be distributed as follows:
- $700 to the Centre County Federation of Public Libraries for the Centre County Reads program
- $792 to the United Nations Association of the USA, Inc. for educating local children about water issues around the world
- $1,000 to the Nittany Valley Children’s Choir for CD Recording
- $1,625 to the Nittany Valley Symphony for NVS Outreach 2011-2012: Educational Programming for Non-Public School Youth
- $2,500 to the Pennsylvania Centre Chamber Orchestra Society to produce The Snow Queen
- $2,500 to Pets Come First for intake through adoption care for 25 dogs from Centre County
- $2,500 to The Clearwater Conservancy of Central Pennsylvania for the Students-Communities-Streams-Connections program
- $2,845 to Centre Volunteers in Medicine for operating expenses
- $3,000 to the Art Alliance of Central Pennsylvania for the Kids Love Art program
- $5,000 to Central PA Community Action for the Centre County Home Heating Savings Account program
- $7,500 to House of Care for operating expenses
- $7,500 to Mountaintop Area Medical Center for operating expenses and repair of parking lot
- $7,500 to the Mountaintop Swimming Pool to help re-open the pool for summer 2012.
Competitive grants are voted upon by the grants committee of CCCF’s board of directors after reviewing applications submitted by nonprofit organizations. In June, as part of the first competitive granting cycle of 2011, the board approved grants of $62,344, bringing the total amount of competitive granting to nonprofits by CCCF in 2011 to more than $100,000. CCCF has also distributed more than $800,000 this year through designated and donor-advised funds.
The Foundation will award the next round of competitive grants in the spring or summer of 2012. Keep an eye on our website for grant application guidelines, and the application itself, which will be up in early 2012.