Pennsylvania Centre Orchestra’s theme for this season is “In Mozart’s Footsteps.” This season’s performances will include “Salzburg, London and Paris,” “Mother Goose Ballet” and “Mozart’s Piano.” To get a taste of what the season will have to offer, the group encourages everyone to join them in launching the 2012-2013 season at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 28, at the Schreyer House in State College.
The evening will feature good food, good wine, and of course, good music! It will begin with a reception featuring:
- wines from Seven Mountains Wine Cellars
- a carving station of mesquite grilled turkey with peach chutney and sandwich condiments
- watermelon, fresh mint and feta salad served in a martini glass
- roasted pepper goat cheese torte, lingonberry compote with sliced baquettes, focaccia and croustades
- crab thermidor in phyllo
- gazpacho and cucumber verrines
Guests will then be entertained by Jim Lyon, Tim Deighton and Carol Lyon as they perform a mini concert. The evening will finish with summer fruit brochettes with raspberry yogurt sauce, cookies, brownies, miniature whoopie pies, coffee and tea.
Attendance at the event requires a $100 donation to Pennsylvania Centre Orchestra. Call (814) 234-8313 to reserve your space! And go online to purchase tickets for this season’s performances.